Support the Fort
There’s more than one way to be a Friend of Fort Macon!
You can support the Fort by donating and becoming a member, signing up as a volunteer, or shopping AmazonSmile. Just click on one of the buttons provided to jump to your preferred method! If you are a business interested in doing a sponsorship, please click here.
You can choose one of the following:
- Fort Macon: You will get a behind the scenes tour of our exhibits and casemates for you, family, and friends. You will also receive a personalized autographed copy of “Siege of Fort Macon ” by the author.
- Turtles: You will get a VIP talk of Fort Macon’s turtle program. Receive a photo of one of the turtles that nested on our beach. We will invite you to one of our nest inventories after the nest has hatched.
- Trails and Wildlife: You will get a VIP program, whether it is a bird hike, or wildlife adventures throughout the trail system within Fort Macon’s 450-acre State Park, a photo of one of our park’s inhabitants.
When you become a Steward, your donation will help maintain one of our many cannons at Fort Macon. You will receive a certificate, photo, copy of the procedures in loading and firing the cannon you choose, and you can set up a time to see the implements and accoutrements for your cannon. You will also receive an inert friction primer, hat or tote bag and two decals, and a 15% discount from the bookstore/giftshop. Biannual copy of the Ramparts newsletter.
You can choose from any of the following:
- 10-inch, Original, Model 1861 Confederate Rodman Colmbiad non-firing
- 8-inch, Reproduction, Model 1841 Columbiad fired during programs
- 32lb, Reproduction, Model 1841 Navy Seacoast four which are fired during programs, and two that are fiberglass barrels
- 24lb Reproduction, Model 1819, two which will be fired during special programs
- 6lb Field Cannon Original, Model 1841 fired during programs
- 10-inch Siege Mortars Originals, 1862, one fired during programs, one display only
- 30lb Parrot Rife Reproduction, Model 1861 fired during special programs
- 32lb Carronade Original, 1820 not fired
When you become a lifetime member you will receive a 3×5 flag that flew over the fort, a photo of Fort Macon, a lifetime certificate with Seal, a behind the scenes tour of all our exhibits to include areas not available to the public and see many artifacts that have never been on display. You will also receive a hat, tote bag and two decals, 15% discount from the bookstore/giftshop and be invited to any unique events and programs as well as receiving any new promotional items when they come available. Biannual copy of the Ramparts newsletter.
Make a donation and become a member!
When you join The Friends of Fort Macon, your membership acknowledges the importance of historic Fort Macon. Our members are committed to preserving one of the most intact historical structures surviving to this day. Once guarding Beaufort Inlet beginning in 1834 and occupied in force during the Civil War, Spanish American War and World War II. Fort Macon now provides expanded hiking trails, migrating bird habitat, annual sea turtle nesting sites, surf fishing, swimming, historically accurate displays, cannons and coastal education. All of these wonderful opportunities on the Crystal Coast need attention and funding for future generations.
Please use comment box to choose your membership type if applicable & gift or let us know this is just a donation vice membership.
Support the Fort
Volunteer with Friends!
The Friends of Fort Macon utilize trained volunteers to assist the public with historic Fort tours, hosting the welcome desk inside the Coastal Education Visitors’ Center, coordinating family-friendly events and serving on the Board of The Friends of Fort Macon. Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com to indicate your interest. Not sure you have enough current information? Don’t worry. The Friends of Fort Macon offer annual training opportunities to enhance your knowledge and work within your time restraints.