The Friends of Fort Macon Photography Contest
- All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants during the month of July, 2020. All images must be in .jpeg, .jpg, or .gif format. Mailed photographs will not be accepted. Photographs must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will not be accepted after midnight on July 31, 2020.
- No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- The photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects within the frame.
- Entrants may submit up to 5 (five) entries; each emailed entry must be individually submitted with an attachment of the entry form below.
- The Friends of Fort Macon reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not adhere to the stated program rules.
- Entrants retain rights to their photographs; however, by entering the contest, the entrant grants The Friends of Fort Macon the right to display their photograph on social media platforms to announce the category winners, promote the natural beauty of Fort Macon State Park and encourage future participation in photography contests.
- Entries will be judged by Fort Macon State Park Rangers. The decisions are final.
- The first name, surname initial and city/state listed on the entry form below will be posted on social media platforms by August 21, 2020.
- The winners will be contacted via the email address provided on the submission form below. If no response is received within seven business days, a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prizes.
- All prizes will be mailed to the winning entrant’s address listed on the submission form below. The prizes are as follows:
- A Fort Macon t-shirt
- A 15% off coupon at the Fort Macon State Park Visitors’ Center bookstore
- An individual or family membership with The Friends of Fort Macon
- A $25 gift card
LUNCH MEETINGS AT GOLDEN CORRAL (1st Wednesday each month)
Open to all – Dutch Treat
SPEAKERS AND TOPICS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Lunch at 11:30, Meeting/Program at noon
Where? Smaller room in back of Golden Corral
Jan 1 CANCELLED HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Feb 5 – Lisa Pelletier Harman, NASA Solar Sys Ambassador, “What’s New at NASA”
Mar 4 – Ranger Joe Hawley, Goose Creek St Park, “Turpentine/Longleaf Pine Industry”
May 6 -CANCELLED
Jul 1 –
Dec 2- Year End Review of 2019
Daily Fort Tours – meet at Visitor’s Center
Mon – Fri at 11 AM,
Apr 15 – Oct 15: 11 AM, 12, 2 PM, 3 PM
5 – Friend’s monthly meeting, noon at Golden Corral
5, 12, 19, 26 –Musket Firing Demonstration – 10 AM at Fort
10 – Bird Hike – 9 AM at Visitor’s Center
20 – Natural Side of Fort Macon – 10 AM at Visitor’s Center
21 – Astronomy – 6 PM at Bathhouse
4 – Friend’s monthly meeting, noon at Golden Corral
11 – Friend’s Board Meeting, 1:30 at Fort
4,11,18 –Musket Firing Demonstration – 10 AM at Fort
9 – Bird Hike – 9 AM at Visitor’s Center
13 – Astronomy – 6 PM at Bathhouse
19 – Natural Side of Fort Macon – 10 AM at Visitor’s Center